Spring is right around the corner and that means beautiful, lush lawns will soon be emerging. Preparing your yard for optimal growth is the key to a gorgeous, green outdoor space. Nutri-Green Tulsa has a few tips to help you prepare your yard for spring.
Start With Some Spring Cleaning.
The first step in preparing your yard for spring is to clean up leaves, twigs and other debris that have gathered over the winter. Rakes work, but air blowers tend to be easier.
Step one of our lawn care program, designed from Oklahoma State University Turfgrass Science recommendations and tailored to fit best with Tulsa’s environment, is two pre-emergent applications with weed killer which builds a strong weed barrier. We then apply crabgrass preventer, and kill existing weeds. To meet the expectations of most homeowners of having a thick weed free lawn, we suggest going with our 7-step program.
Mow Early and Mow Often.
One mistake homeowners make is to only mow once a week in the spring. To prepare your yard for spring, mow every five days for the first six weeks of the season, depending on the weather, to ensure a thicker, fuller lawn.
Have Your Trees Trimmed.
If dead branches are left untended, they can break off, causing property damage. Consider hiring a tree trimmer to do a “safety prune” once every three years. To ensure that your trees and shrubs are protected, contact Nurti-Green Tulsa about our Tree and Shrub Care Program. Protect your landscape investment with our 6 Step Tree and Shrub Care Program consisting of:
- Promotes richer color and growth, helps plants recover from the winter conditions, contributes to the health and appearance of your landscape with feeding for all of your trees.
Young/Existing Foliage Protection:
- Insect and disease control. It reduces the disease impact and early damages of pests for your trees and shrubs. We target and control many insects and diseases such as cankerworms, aphids, white flies, webworms, powdery mildew and fungus.
Maturing/Existing Foliage Protection:
- The second step for insect and disease control. Effective on the later stages of springtime insect and disease infestation. Also helps maturing foliage of your trees and shrubs to become strongly established before high temperatures move in for summer. We target a wide variety of insects that chew, suck, bore, and feed on the root system of your trees and plants.
Hot Weather Foliage Protection:
- The third step to insect and disease control. This step continues the ongoing pest controls for plants maturing in the hottest part of the summer. We will perform other treatments as needed.
Late Summer Foliage Protection:
- Our fourth step to insect and disease control. Your trees and shrubs will recover from any infestation that may have occurred over the summer time. This helps to prepare and protect against fall-feeding insects. We continue to inspect and treat for any existing or forecasted plant diseases.
- We apply a foliar application to your trees and shrubs consisting of dormant oil to help prevent spring infestations of overwintering insects, eggs and disease.
Leave your lawn care to the professionals and take advantage of the Nurtri-Green Tulsa guarantee for a beautiful, weed free lawn.