Aeration in Tulsa – Moving back to basics, your lawn needs proper mowing, fertilizing, and watering in order to achieve a luscious lawn. With those basic lawn procedures, you want to make sure your lawn is receiving the nutrients it needs beneath the soil, and that is completed through aeration.
Aeration can be vital to your lawn because it allows the air and water to flow through the built-up thatch from the different seasons. In order to get rid of the thatch, your lawn will need some tender love and care, along with aeration services.
Here are the three reasons to aerate your lawn and how to go about achieving that beautiful lawn.
The process behind aeration involves drilling small holes throughout the lawn that allow air, water and other nutrients to penetrate towards the roots. With the grass roots being able to breathe, it enables them to grow stronger for a healthier lawn. The sole purpose of aerating your lawn is to break up the soil compaction. This happens when access grass or other natural debris get buried under the surface, which then starves the roots from the main sources it needs to grow.
When to Aerate the Lawn
As a homeowner, you’re probably wondering if you need an aeration service. Here are some great examples as to when you’d need to aerate:
- When your lawn is dried out and feels spongy, your lawn might be obtaining excess thatch that will need to be removed and aerated.
- If your home is a newly constructed home, the topsoil can strip and buried by the high traffic through compaction.
- Anything heavy that runs through the yard can cause thatch buildup.
- Soil layering with finer texture that is an imported sod layered over the preexisting soil can disrupt drainage. Without the drainage, it can cause poor root development and leave your lawn with brown spots.
- When you’re needing an aeration service, it’s best to do so when the grass is growing. Spring time is the essential growing season because winter is over and the grass is sprouting. The grass is able to open up, fill in the soil plugs with nutrients.
Nutri-Green Tulsa lawn professionals can aerate your lawn through our aeration and seeding service. With the over-seeding service, it includes:
- Aeration/ Soil preparation
- Special blended seed
- Starter fertilizer
- Seeding maintenance guide that includes a comprehensive watering and mowing schedule, maintenance, and more instructions
- Two week follow up with more guidance for a beautiful lawn
The benefits of the aeration process will provide your lawn with a greener, thicker lawn by filling in the brown spots. It will also take care of dead grass, weeds, reduce compaction, increase water retention, and other strength benefits for a healthy lawn.
If you’re needing an aeration service, please contact us today!